Thursday 24 April 2014

Corn Field Blues





Dear Journal,

So...I'm in the middle of a corn field.

Thought I'd take a picture.

I'm covered in hamburger...Hungry...Tired...Alone...My...(Ex? I don't know what to call her anymore)-punched me again.

Granted, I deserved it...Oh God I deserved it...I really have to tone down the power use.

But I know where the journal's are...They're behind a painting in her old room...

I've resolved to take them both...I mean...There might be more in her journal that I don't understand...

But, now that I think about it...I'll just act like I'm taking it, so she'll know that I had it.

I'm going to put a note in it...Well, now that I've got time to walk and think...Maybe I'll write it now:

"Robin,

(Dear Robin? Nah that's too close to home.)

I'm sorry doesn't even cut it anymore now that I know what I've done to you. 

You risked everything for me and now I've turned you...

(Bitter? Is that really what she is now?...No, she's not bitter...She's...Hurting....Oh my God...Vincent you're an idiot...Of course she is....)

...Now I've hurt you deeper than anyone could have imagined. It's no wonder you were avoiding me, no wonder you were terrified about my memories coming back.

You don't want to face your fears. 

You don't want to face the fear of your feelings for me, what it cost you last time to face those fears, how much you're truly on the edge.

But more importantly, you're scared of yourself Robin. 

What I've done to you, what we've all done to you, you're afraid of what you'll have to do to me...

(Oh God...She might kill me...For fear of what I've become because of what I did... Maaaan...That's fucked up.)

...If I go darkside again, but I want to help you deal with this fear any way I can.

So, I want you to know, I'm here for you despite everything.

I understand you're angry with me, Hell I'd be angry with me too. You have every right to hate the "old" Me.

But, I know now how much pain you're in...And as your friend...I'm worried about you. 

You need help Robin.

But I'm not going to force you to find it with me.

I'll stay away from you. Once I have my journal answered a few questions about my past to myself...You'll never have to interact with me if you don't want to.

But if you need someone, I'm here for you. You don't have to be alone, it's not your fault that all those things happened. 

But it is my fault that you're dealing with it all alone.  

I just want you to know you don't have to deal with it alone anymore if you don't want to. I'll be here if you want me to be.

...(Yours? Sincerely? Love?...Oh God I'm bad at these things...)

Yours Constantly -Vincent"

Am I crying?...That's just great...Ketchup and relish tears...

I'm pretty pathetic right now...Wait...

Is that a Motorcycle?

-V

No comments:

Post a Comment