Thursday 24 April 2014

Hamburgers, Puppies, and Heartbreak

Dear Journal,

I really don't feel like writing right now, but I don't  know what else to do.

So, let me catch you up.

My mother kidnapped me for...burgers...But instead drove me out to cottage country outside of Toronto in order to introduce me to some new girl and her father.

The girl's name is Eve.

She's pretty, if a little weird...And I get the impression this is what my mother meant by "making new friends". These are the people she wants to connect myself with?

Jesus, she's got poor taste.

Anyway, the cavalry showed up not long afterword, and I have never been more relieved...God, I was glad that they all came up to get me the hell out of this situation...

Even when Robin made a snarky statement about Eve being "my new pet" and Caleb said something about "crying wolf".

I felt anger rise up within me, and told her to shut up...She did.

But, it didn't make me feel better.

I'm just so sick and tired with people judging me and treating me like a...like a monster...Because of what I did in the past.

I mean, I DON'T remember it. So, am I always going to be the same old Vincent to them? I mean, new powers aside, the constant prejudice is really...hurtful.

Anyway, Robin was at least kind enough to get Eve and I the hell outta there, and we all stopped at some roadside eatery...For burgers.

So, I gave Eve the rundown on everyone, on what I remember, and why I got her and I the hell outta there...

Then Eve called Caleb a puppy.

It seems stupid but he replied, "I'm not a puppy."
And I had to push him a little, "No, he's not. He's a kidnapper and dangerous."

You can guess what happened next, we got into an argument and Robin started to defend him.

So, I read her mind.

It was wrong, I knew it was wrong, but I needed to find those journals anyway and I was just so ANGRY.

So, she rightfully punches me...Chantel scolds me for "goading him on", and Israel is powerless to stop them...Inside I'm broken, tired, and exhausted...

Hell I even bought a pack of smokes...I don't even smoke. Or, maybe I used to and it's what I do when I'm stressed?...I don't know...

I felt the same rage fill up within me...I felt betrayed...And...

Then I got a burger shoved into my face by Eve. She told me to stop being bossy...Admittedly I was being bossy to the people around me...Really short, really mean...Really rude...

I'm just so fed up with it all...Getting dragged into all this, hearing Israel's warning in my head that: "I wouldn't like what I found out."

So I let go of my inner power and tried to get them the hell away from me...

Or, at least that's what was supposed happen...

Instead I ended up blasting myself through the air and into a field, three fields away.

This isn't a good day for me at all.

-V

No comments:

Post a Comment